Thursday, April 12, 2012

How big of an open bite?

13mm. I have 13mm of open space. Only the back molars touch. Biting an apple? Out of the question, along with pizza, sandwiches, and much more. I saw everything up with a fork and a knife. Chewing is difficult, my jaw does get tired. And i am always pulling my bottom lip up to keep my lips closed, which makes my face look all weird. Like something that doesn't fit together properly. You can see in the picture how forced it is just to keep the lips together.

On April 24th I get my Sure Smile wire for my braces. They have told me this will move my teeth quickly into position they need to be in for my jaw surgery. Hoping surgery will be middle of June.i really am ready to have a jaw that functions. Hope to hear from some of you jaw surgery survivors and people just waiting patiently like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment