Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 9

Hello everyone! The days are definitely cruising by with my daughter home and I'm glad for that. I can't wait for Monday to see if the splint will be removed but I don't want to get my hopes up. I posted a pix of the intrusive, awful thing. Once it's out I'm hoping to feel a lot better about this whole procedure and of course, eat!
I am still taking it easy. My body does not feel close to being back to normal. I know I'm exhausted because its hard to sleep propped up each night and wake up to take my antibiotics.
The swelling peaked but has not gone down much. I feel like a chipmunk and continue to ice even though my doctor says it won't do much good at this point.
My husband ground up some watermelon for me and it didn't taste like I thought it would, so I just decided to try and eat a piece of it. It went very well and tasted beyond good. I gorged on that and a fresh tomato and slurped some noodles. My belly seems content for now, the poor thing!
My hair is falling out like crazy! I kind of figured this was going to happen, so about two months before the procedure I was taking the supplement Biotin. It's good for strengthening hair and nails.
Tomorrow I will see my orthodontist. Have a great night everyone!

1 comment: