Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 7 return of the peanut

Sorry for the late post from yesterday, but my little girl got back from her vacation with my family. She was SO happy to see us! This time when she saw me i wasn't miserable in bed so that definitely helped.
What had consumed most of my days was thinking about food and how I could eat said food. My daughter has now taken my mind off that a little bit!
So let it be known, I am really hungry. Down about 12 pounds so far. I had 12 pounds to give, so I'm not too worried about the weight, it's just that I really like to eat and I miss food. Been starting off each morning with the high protein (25 grams) Ensure shake. I had stocked up on ensure because that's what I thought I should do, but man that stuff gets old.
Made a huge pot of chicken, vegetable and rice soup to grind up last night and it was pretty good. The problem with eating is that if it's not finely ground it gets stuck in my splint. And trying to fish food out of that is like heading into the abyss. I cringe to think what they're going to find in there when it comes out! I'm obsessed with cleaning my mouth, but with the splint there is only do much you can do.
The ibuprofen has been helping the aches to some degree, but if I'm not on it every six hours my jaw lets me know. It's a dull ache and it rests below my eyes in a horizontal line across my face.
Overall, I'm staying positive because that's the only option.

No comments:

Post a Comment